SDK Beta Release 844703 for DM365 Leopard Board
From RidgeRun Developer Connection
This is not the most current Leopard Board 365 release - please see SDK Release for DM365 Leopard Board.</pre>
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for DM365 Leopard Board.
- Version: Beta Release 844703.
- Date: 03-12-2010.
- Download link: RidgeRun Download Center.
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs here.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- DM365 Leopard Board related documentation:
There is no previous SDK for the DM365 Leopard Board SDK.
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 in 32 bits.
SDK 844703 is a Evaluation Linux SDK build for Texas Instruments DM365 System on Chip.
This SDK is designed to run on the DM365 Leopard Board.
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.2.4.
- U-Boot 2009.11 with a set of patches for support the Leopard DM365 (The SDK bootloader installation is not supported, please DO NOT run the target "make installbootloader", or your board will get bricked).
- Linux LSP kernel 2.6.18 + Real Time patches. DM365 support for the following drivers:
- Sensor MT9T031 for 5MP camera.
- Video output support: DVI, Component and Composite.
- MTD (NAND flash).
- Watchdog timer.
- Real time clock.
- USB (host and gadget).
- VPBE Framebuffer.
- AutoFocus (AF).
- Auto Exposure/Auto White Balance (AEW).
- Integration with some of TI's newest packages for the DaVinci platforms, including:
- DVSDK 2.10.01.18.
- XDCTools 3.15.01.59.
- Please ensure to download and install these packages in your home directory before build the SDK. These packages can be download from the TI's site here.
- Video quality of the captured video by the 5MP camera. The video captured by the camera looks with a purple tone, so it seems that there is an issue related to the color space transformation between UYVY and NV12.
- Framerate when Gstreamer is used. When the camera is used to capture video in gstreamer the framerate is around 1/25 fps. However some tests where done by using a custom V4L2 application and the framerate is around 25fps to 30fps.
- The audio codec AIC3104 is not supported yet. The main issue found is the audio codec doesn't use an external clock, instead is uses a clockout from the DM365 SoC, so it needs to be configured to provide the clock signal to the audio codec and the AIC driver configuration needs to be modified to make it match with the frequency provided by the DM365.
- The bootloader installation is not supported so if you run the target "make installbootloader", your board will get bricked.
This SDK doesn't include support services.
RidgeRun Developer SDK for DM365 provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of DM365 drivers. Contact RidgeRun at email@example.com for information and pricing on Developers SDK for DM365 platforms.
A mailing list for questions and inquiries on the Evaluation RidgeRun SDK is available at:mailing list.