Getting Started Guide for the AM35x EVM
From RidgeRun Developer Connection
Building and running all of the PSP components requires a Linux machine with ubuntu 9.04 or higher
Target Hardware Requirements
- ZOOM AM3517 EVM DEVELOPMENT KIT, the EVM ships with other peripheral hardware like power supply, USB, Ethernet and serial cables. 
- NULL MODEM RS232 cable. 
- Ethernet crossover cable 
Linux host is required
- For compiling U-Boot and Linux kernel.
- To host the TFTP server required for downloading kernel and file system images from U-Boot using Ethernet.
- To host the NFS server to boot the EVM with NFS as root filesystem .
Host Software Requirements:
- Serial console terminal application .
- TFTP and NFS servers.
- CodeSourcery ARM tool chain version 2009-q1. 
To install the toolchain, follow the sequence. These are to be executed on the Linux host platform.