EVAL SDK 2011Q2 for DM365 Leopard Board
From RidgeRun Developer Connection
(→SDK Download Instructions)
|Line 177:||Line 177:|
== SDK Download Instructions ==
== SDK Download Instructions ==
to get the go to our [http://www.ridgerun.com/downloadcenter.shtml download center] and the DM365 . your information. Once you have the
In order to compile the SDK you need to install the toolchain. Further instructions available at [[DM365 Leopard SDK 2011Q2 Getting Started Guide]].
== Hardware usage examples ==
== Hardware usage examples ==
Revision as of 15:41, 6 July 2011
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for DM365 Leopard Board based on 2011Q2 Stable Release.
- Date: 06-17-2011.
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs here.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|06-17-2011|| 1||Initial Version|
- DM365 Leopard Board related documentation:
- CodeSourcery Toolchain 2009q1
- Updated kernel version to 188.8.131.52
- Updated DVSDK version to 4.02.00.06
- Updated GStreamer DMAI plugins
- Audio support added
- New driver for the 5MP camera sensor MT9P031 (improved frame rate, works with GStreamer...)
- Application to handle video capture previewer and resizer
- Support for component, composite and DVI video output
- SD recovery support
- NAND and SD boot support.
- JFFS2 NAND support.
- UBIFS only available in the Professional SDK
- Auto exposure and auto white balance library 1
1 The library provided within the Evaluation SDK is a 100% functional demo version that allows you to test it.
Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
The EVAL SDK 2011Q2 is based on the Professional SDK 2011Q2 but it has been added some limitations. The main differences between both SDK versions are listed below:
|Feature||EVAL SDK||Professional SDK|
|DVSDK 4 support||Yes||Yes|
|H264 Platinum Encoding||Yes||Yes|
|Auto white balance/auto exposure library||Yes (Demo version)||Yes|
|Can be used to develop commercial products||No||Yes|
|Can be used for personal or education proposes||Yes||Yes|
|RidgeRun's professional support||No||Yes|
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 in 32 bits.
This is an Evaluation Linux SDK build for Texas Instruments DM365 System on Chip and based on the Professional SDK 2011Q2.
This SDK is designed to run on the DM365 LeopardBoard.
Besides this, the SDK also supports a huge variety of additional hardware for the board such as:
- Video composite input board LI-VI365
- DVI Output board LI-DVI1
- 5Mpx camera module LI-5M03
- Video component input board LI-HDI365
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.3.3.
- U-Boot 2010.12-rc2
- Linux kernel 184.108.40.206. DM365 support for the following drivers:
- Sensor MT9T031 for 5MP camera.
- Video output support: DVI, Component and Composite.
- MTD (NAND flash).
- Watchdog timer.
- Real time clock.
- USB (host and gadget).
- VPBE Framebuffer.
- Auto white balance and auto exposure library.
- Integration with TI's digital video toolkit for DaVinci platforms - DVSDK 4.00.02.06.
- Please make sure to download and install the DVSDK before building the RidgeRun SDK.
- Install the DVSDK by running dvsdk_dm365-evm_4_02_00_06_setuplinux. Be sure to use the default installation values.
- dm365-evm_4_02_00_06_setuplinux can be downloaded from TI's site.
Known Limitations and Defects
RidgeRun offers the evaluation SDK for hobbyists willing to invest time getting they project to work. RidgeRun also offers the evaluation SDK for professional companies in product development who want to try out the SDK before purchase. RidgeRun will extend the professional SDK as required by our customers. Many of those changes will be ported to the evaluation SDK.
Expect the list below to change regularly as new limitations are reported and defect fixes are checked in.
- Boot from NAND using UBIFS is not supported. (Boot from NAND using UBIFS is supported in the professional SDK).
- Only fixed frame rates for video capture are supported.
- Video display clocks are disabled when no camera sensor is detected.
- Demo version of auto white balance and auto exposure library (Full version available in the Professional SDK).
- When using TVP5146 camera sensor driver MT9P031 must be disable, if not TVP5146 module will not work.
This SDK doesn't include support services. Make sure to read the links listed below (Related Links) in order to solve some of the main issues.
RidgeRun Developer SDK for DM365 provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of DM365 drivers. Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and pricing on Developers SDK for DM365 platforms.
SDK Download Instructions
If you want to get the LeopardBoard DM365 EVAL SDK 2011Q2 you need to go to our download center page and select the LeopardBoard DM365 Evaluation SDK. You will be asked for your email address and some information. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email with the following information:
- A link to download the LeopardBoard DM365 SDK 2011Q2 Installer file for GNU/Linux based operative systems.
- A username and password to download the installer.
- A link to the installation instructions.
In order to compile the SDK you need to install the toolchain. Further instructions available at DM365 Leopard SDK 2011Q2 Getting Started Guide.
Hardware usage examples
The next links will lead you to some hardware usage examples. It is important to follow the SDK installation instructions, since unexpected behavior can be obtained it these are not followed.