DM8168 Z3 RPS
From RidgeRun Developer Connection
RidgeRun provides support for the DM8168 Z3 RPS from Z3 Technology. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from the RidgeRun download center. To purchase a professional SDK, please use our online store or contact us.
DM8168 Z3 RPS
The Z3 DM8168 RPS enables developers to immediately start evaluating DM816x DaVinci™ MPU and begin building solutions such as surveillance DVRs, video conferencing systems, video broadcasting systems, media servers, single-board computers, gateways, routers, servers, industrial automation, medical devices, human machine interfaces (HMIs), point-of-service data terminals, machine vision, test and measurement, tracking and control applications, amongst others.
Z3-DM8168-RPS contains one Z3-DM8168-APP dual channel 1080p60 video encoder carrier board + one compact, self contained Z3-DM8168-MOD-02 module supporting TI's DM8168 DaVinci Video + DSP + ARM processor. Also provides support for virtually all interfaces and pins to DM8168 processor via high density connectors. Z3-DM8168-MOD measures only 88mm x 108mm and can be used in a variety of applications such as video security and surveillance, video conference, industrial video and video infrastructure.
The DM8168 Z3 RPS support from RidgeRun includes our Linux Kernel and file system fully integrated with logic to handle the latest EZSDK released by Texas Instruments as well as GStreamer + openMax support, all these features included in a user friendly development environment which will allow you to focus in the development of your product.
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot-2010.06 supported + env function support to read your environment from a *.txt file in a SD card + functions to handle tarballs from uboot useful during production stages.
- Linux kernel 2.6.37
- EZSDK 5.05.01.04 integrated in a user friendly build system
- GStreamer + OpenMax
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode including RTSP streaming
- SD, JFFS2, NFS and UBI filesystem support
- Boot from SD card
- BCH8 error correction code in hardware
- Many open source applications available like: QT, net-snmp, GStreamer, Busybox, etc
- Toolchain based on codesourcery 2009q1
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks