SDK Turrialba for iMX6 Sabre-SDP
- 1 General Information
- 2 Documentation
- 3 What's new?
- 4 Supported Operating Systems
- 5 SDK Details
- 6 Known Limitations and Defects
- 7 Support Information
- 8 SDK Download Instructions
- 9 Related links
- Product Name: SDK for iMX6 Sabre-SDP board based on Turrialba Stable Release.
- Date: Jun 2013
- Turrialba SDK Release Information
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- iMX6 Sabre-SDP Board related documentation:
- Toolchain linaro 2013.03 for hard floating point and 2012.03 for soft floating point
- Updated kernel version to 3.0.35-4.0.0
- Updated Freescale GStreamer plugins 3.0.7
- Includes latest gstreamer 0.10 distributions available: gstreamer-0.10.36, gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23, gst-plugins-base-0.10.36, gst-plugins-good-0.10.31, gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19
- Support for HDMI video output
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode
- SD boot support
- NFS supported
- Start kernel from TFTP
- Support 1080p@15fps capture (30fps will be added soon).
- Support capture from both cameras at the same time at 720p30
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 12.04 in 32 bits and 64 bits.
This is an Evaluation Linux SDK build for Freescale iMX6 Sabre-SDP and based on the Professional SDK Turrialba.
This SDK is designed to run on the iMX6 Sabre-SDP Board.
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.6.3 for software floating point and 4.7 for hardware floating point.
- U-Boot 2013.07
- Linux kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0.
Known Limitations and Defects
RidgeRun offers the evaluation SDK for hobbyists willing to invest time getting they project to work. RidgeRun also offers the evaluation SDK for professional companies in product development who want to try out the SDK before purchase. RidgeRun will extend the professional SDK as required by our customers.
Evaluation SDK doesn't include support services. Make sure to read the links listed below Related Links in order to solve some of the main issues.
RidgeRun Professional SDK provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of drivers. Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and pricing on Professional SDK for the platforms you need.
SDK Download Instructions
If you want to get the iMX6 Sabre-SDP EVAL SDK Turrialba you need to go to our download center page and select the iMX6 Sabre-SDP SDK Turrialba. You will be asked for your email address and some information. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email with the following information:
- A link to download the SDK Turrialba Installer file for GNU/Linux based operative systems.
- A username and password to download the installer.
- A link to the installation instructions.
In order to compile the SDK you need to install the toolchain. Further instructions available at RidgeRun Turrialba SDK User Guide.