SDK Release 840402 for DM355 Leopard Board (Obsolete)
- 1 Atenttion: This hardware is obsolete for us and we aren't offering evaluation SDK or support about this platform.
- 2 General Information
- 3 Documentation
- 4 What's new?
- 5 Supported Operating Systems
- 6 SDK Details
- 7 SDK Features
- 8 Future features of SDK
- 9 Known Bugs
- 10 Support Information
Atenttion: This hardware is obsolete for us and we aren't offering evaluation SDK or support about this platform.
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for DM355 Leopard Board.
- Version: Release 840402.
- Date: 02-26-2010.
- Download link: RidgeRun Download Center.
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs here.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- DM355 Leopard Board related documentation:
This new release includes:
- NAND based filesystems support: JFFS2.
- NFS connection issue fixed.
- Patch to correct CMEM error when video is recorded using GStreamer.
- U-Boot 2009.09 from GIT tree.
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04 in 32 bits.
SDK 840402 is a Evaluation Linux SDK build for Texas Instruments DM355 System on Chip.
This SDK is designed to run on the DM355 Leopard Board.
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.2.4.
- U-Boot 2009.11 from oficial Git tree plus a set of patches provided by RidgeRun.
- TI Flash Utilities 1.5 for recovering bricked Leopard Boards. This utilities are integrated with the installer of the SDK.
- Linux kernel 2.6.29 from DaVinci Git tree, plus some patches provided by RidgeRun. This kernel has the following drivers:
- VGA camera
- ALSA (AIC 3104)
- Watchdog timer
- Real time clock
- USB (host and gadget)
- NAND (JFFS2 support)
- Integration with some of TI's newest packages for the DaVinci platforms, including:
- DVSDK 2.00.00.22
- XDCTools 3.10.05.61
- DMAI 1.20.00.06
Please ensure to download and install these packages in your home directory before build the SDK. These packages can be download from the TI's site here.
Future features of SDK
Our next free SDK release will contain a package of new features, the main feature is a MMC/SD Card installation support that will allow the user to load the U-Boot, kernel and file system images directly from a SD card automatically.
By the moment if you want to load the file system image from a SD card you can follow the steps provided in the following link: How to boot a board from a SD card.
This SDK doesn't include support services.
RidgeRun Developer SDK for DM355 Leopard Board provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of DM355 drivers. Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and pricing on Developers SDK for DM355 platforms.
A mailing list for questions and inquiries on the Evaluation RidgeRun SDK is available at: http://list.ridgerun.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ridgerun-sdk.