Release Notes for latest evaluation SDK for AM35x EVM
- 1 General Information
- 2 Documentation
- 3 What's New?
- 4 Supported Operating Systems
- 5 SDK Details
- 6 Known Bugs
- 7 Support Information
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for SITARA AM35x EVM.
- Version: NOT AVAILABLE.
- Date: NOT AVAILABLE.
- Download link: NOT AVAILABLE . Contact RidgeRun at email@example.com
Copyright Notice ©
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs .
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|NOT AVAILABLE||Initial Version|
- SITARA AM35X EVM Board related documentation:
- SUPPORT The PSP 03.00.00.05
- kernel 2.6.32
- u-boot v2009.01
- x-loader v1.44
- SUPPORT The Graphics SDK 03.01.00.06 Release Notes (PROFESIONAL VERSION)
- SUPPORT Embbeded-qt.4.6 (PROFESIONAL VERSION)
- SUPPORT clutter (still Testing )
- MX clutter development toolkit
- SUPPORT gstreamer
- SUPPORT ShowOff and Gstd with touchScreen support (PROFESIONAL VERSION)
Supported Operating Systems
- Linux Distribution
- Ubuntu 9.04 in 32 bits.
- Ubuntu 9.10 in 32 bits.
- The first release is rigt now on a testing step
- Its coming soon
Integration with the PSP 03.00.00.05
This evaluation SDK Release is based on the PSP 03.00.00.05 of OMAP PSP Software Development Kit (SDK). The evaluation SDK provided by RidgeRun serves to provide a fundamental software platform for development, deployment and execution of Linux based applications on Texas Instruments SITARA AM3517EVM The linux kernel and the bootloader versions are listed below :
OMAP Linux Kernel 2.6.32(Linux kernel version)
The baseline was chosen from "pm" branch Here
the git version from this u-boot can be obtained from here
The kernel and U-Boot have been compiled with CodeSourcery GNU Toolchain for ARM Processors 2009-q1-203 based on GCC 4.3.3
- Logic PD Zoom AM3517 Experimenter Kit
- ZOOM AM3517 EVM DEVELOPMENT KIT.
- Model Number: TMDXEVM3517.
- NULL MODEM Cable (Not included with Zoom Experimenter Kit).
- Ethernet Crossover Cable (Not included with Zoom Experimenter Kit).
- USB A to B cable (Not included with Zoom Experimenter Kit).
- Logic PD 4.3” WQVGA Display Kit
- WQVGA DISPLAY KIT
- Model Number: LCD-4.3-WQVGA-10R
- Powered USB Hub
- Required for USB Keyboard and/or Mouse (Experimenter Kit does not provide sufficient current).
- USB Keyboard
- Must be connected through a Powered USB Hub.
- USB Mouse
- Must be connected through a Powered USB Hub.
The SDK package supports the following components:
- U-Boot supporting NAND, MMC boot modes
- X-loader supporting NAND, MMC boot modes
- Linux Kernel and device drivers:
- Audio (McBSP)
- Video Display (V4L2 and Fbdev)
- Video Capture (BT656 mode)
- Video Resizer (Only on OMAP35x, AM/DM37x)
- MUSB host supporting MSC, HID and USB Audio/Video
- MUSB gadget supporting File-storage and CDC/RNDIS
- MUSB OTG supporting HNP/SRP
- EHCI host supporting MSC, HID(via a HS hub) and USB Audio/Video
- TouchScreen (tested with QT)
- CAN - SocketCAN implementation (on AM3517)
- Power Management ICs (TPS65023 on AM3517, TPS65950 on OMAP35x)
- Pre-built binaries for X-loader, U-Boot, Linux kernel and filesystem.
- The latest Graphics SDK can be downloaded from the below link. The download requires a one-time registration. OMAP_Graphics_SDK 3_01_XX_XX
What's Not Supported
Following are not supported:
- U-boot (Unified binary supporting Nand/OneNand on OMAP35x platform)
- NOR support (on AM3517EVM)
The SDK Linux Kernel and Uboot used , are based on the PSP_03.00.00.05 the Known Bugs are documented on their wiki page here.
This SDK doesn't include support services.
- RidgeRun Developer SDK for SITARA AM35X EVM provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of am35x drivers.
- Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for information and pricing on Developers SDK for SITARA AM35X EVM platforms.