EVAL SDK 2011Q2 for Mistral DM37x EVM Board
- 1 General Information
- 2 Documentation
- 3 What's new?
- 4 Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
- 5 Supported Operating Systems
- 6 SDK Details
- 7 Known Limitations and Defects
- 8 Support Information
- 9 SDK Download Instructions
- 10 Related links
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for Mistral DM37x EVM board based on 2011Q2 Stable Release.
- Date: 03-08-2011.
- 2011Q2 SDK Release Information
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs here.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Mistral DM37x EVM related documentation:
- CodeSourcery Toolchain 2009q1
- Updated kernel version to 2.6.32
- Updated DVSDK version to 4.02.00.06
- Updated GStreamer DMAI plugins
- Graphics SDK support.
- Audio support added
- Application to handle video capture previewer and resizer
- Support for component, composite and DVI video output
- SD recovery support
- NAND and SD boot support.
- JFFS2 NAND support.
- UBIFS only available in the Professional SDK
Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
The EVAL SDK 2011Q2 is based on the Professional SDK 2011Q2 but it has been added some limitations. The main differences between both SDK versions are listed below:
|Feature||EVAL SDK||Professional SDK|
|DVSDK 4 support||Yes||Yes|
|H264 Platinum Encoding||Yes||Yes|
|OMAPSINK video sink element||No||Yes|
|Can be used to develop commercial products||No||Yes|
|Can be used for personal or education proposes||Yes||Yes|
|RidgeRun's professional support||No||Yes|
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 in 32 bits and 64 bits.
This is an Evaluation Linux SDK build for Texas Instruments DM365 System on Chip and based on the Professional SDK 2011Q2.
This SDK is designed to run on the Mistral DM37x EVM.
This SDK includes:
- ARM toolchain: gcc 4.3.3.
- U-Boot 2009.11
- Linux kernel 2.6.32. Support for:
- Video output support: DVI, Component and Composite.
- MTD (NAND flash).
- Real time clock.
- USB (host and gadget).
- VPBE Framebuffer.
- Integration with TI's digital video toolkit for DaVinci platforms - DVSDK 4.00.02.06.
- Please make sure to download and install the DVSDK before building the RidgeRun SDK.
- Install the DVSDK by running dvsdk_dm3730-evm_4_02_00_06_setuplinux. Be sure to use the default installation values.
- dvsdk_dm3730-evm_4_02_00_06_setuplinux can be downloaded from TI's site.
Known Limitations and Defects
RidgeRun offers the evaluation SDK for hobbyists willing to invest time getting they project to work. RidgeRun also offers the evaluation SDK for professional companies in product development who want to try out the SDK before purchase. RidgeRun will extend the professional SDK as required by our customers. Many of those changes will be ported to the evaluation SDK.
Expect the list below to change regularly as new limitations are reported and defect fixes are checked in.
- Boot from NAND using UBIFS or JFFS2 is not supported by the moment.
- In order to use the RidgeRun's installer system and more specific the NAND support it is necessary to use RidgeRun's u-boot instead of the default u-boot that comes with the board. Read the following article to know How to flash the RidgeRun's u-boot in a new board.
This SDK doesn't include support services. Make sure to read the links listed below (Related Links) in order to solve some of the main issues.
RidgeRun Professional SDK provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of drivers. Contact RidgeRun at email@example.com for information and pricing on Professional SDK for the platforms you need.
SDK Download Instructions
If you want to get the Mistral DM37x EVM EVAL SDK 2011Q2 you need to go to our download center page and select the Mistral DM37x EVM SDK 2011Q2. You will be asked for your email address and some information. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email with the following information:
- A link to download the SDK 2011Q2 Installer file for GNU/Linux based operative systems.
- A username and password to download the installer.
- A link to the installation instructions.
In order to compile the SDK you need to install the toolchain. Further instructions available at RidgeRun 2011Q2 SDK User Guide.