EVAL SDK 2011Q2 for Gumstix Overo TOBI
- 1 General Information
- 2 Revision History
- 3 Documentation
- 4 What's New?
- 5 Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
- 6 Supported Operating Systems
- 7 Setting up extra components
- 8 SDK Details
- 9 Required Hardware
- 10 Known Limitations and Defects
- 11 Support Information
- Product Name: Evaluation SDK for Gumstix Overo OMAP35x TOBI Board.
- Version: NOT AVAILABLE.
- Date: 07-18-11.
- Download link: Contact RidgeRun at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Notice ©
This document and the software described in it are furnished under license with RidgeRun, and as such, may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the license. The contents of this document are furnished for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. RidgeRun, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may exist in this document. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, without the prior written consent of RidgeRun.
Please read the full license agreement for the RidgeRun Evaluation SDKs here.
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries and is used by RidgeRun under license. Instruments and TI are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
General SDK documentation:
Gumstix Overo OMAP35x Board related documentation:
- CodeSourcery Toolchain 2009q1
- Updated kernel version to 2.6.34
- Updated DVSDK version to 4.01.00.09
- Application to handle video capture previewer and resizer
- Updated GStreamer DMAI plugins
- SD recovery support
- NAND and SD boot support.
- JFFS2 NAND support.
- UBIFS only available in the Professional SDK
Differences between the EVAL SDK and Professional SDK
The EVAL SDK 2011Q2 is based on the Professional SDK 2011Q2 but it has been added some limitations. The main differences between both SDK versions are listed below:
|Feature||EVAL SDK||Professional SDK|
|DVSDK 4 support||Yes||Yes|
|OMAPSINK video sink element||No||Yes|
|Can be used to develop commercial products||No||Yes|
|Can be used for personal or education proposes||Yes||Yes|
|RidgeRun's professional support||No||Yes|
Supported Operating Systems
Linux Distribution Ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 in 32 bits and 64 bits.
Setting up extra components
- Setting up Minicom Client - Ubuntu
- Setting Up A Tftp Service (In Case You're using the ChestNuk43 Expansion Board)
- Creating a bootable microSD card
This SDK is designed to run on the Gumstix Overo OMAP35x TOBI board.
Integration with DSVDK
This board support the DVSDK 4.01.00.09 Product
This release of the DVSDK 4.01 product supports TMS320DM365, TMS320DM368, OMAPL138, TMS320DM3730 and OMAP3530 platforms.
This DVSDK, coupled with the Platform Support Package for Linux, gives developers the ability to evaluate the hardware and software capabilities of the platforms.
Getting Started Guide for OMAP35x EVM DVSDK can be acceded from [here]
GNU/Linux & bootloader
The linux kernel and the bootloader versions are listed below :
- OMAP Linux Kernel 2.6.34(Linux kernel version)
- The baseline was chosen from the omap3-2.6.34 branch of the following tree
- u-boot v2010.06
The git version from this u-boot can be obtained from here
- Toolchain 2009-q1-203
The kernel and U-Boot have been compiled with CodeSourcery GNU Toolchain for ARM Processors 2009-q1-203 based on GCC 4.3.3
The SDK package supports the following components:
- Gst-dmai plugins
- dvsdk 4.01.00.09
- U-Boot supporting NAND, MMC boot modes
- X-loader supporting NAND, MMC boot modes
- Pre-built binaries for X-loader, U-Boot, Linux kernel and filesystem.
- Linux Kernel and device drivers:
- Audio (McBSP)
- MUSB host supporting MSC, HID and USB Audio
- TouchScreen (NOT TESTED)
- UBIFS (Only Professional SDK)
- 10/100baseT Ethernet
- DVI-D (HDMI)
- Coin cell backup battery holder
- USB OTG mini-AB
- USB host standard A
- Stereo audio in
- Stereo audio out
- USB Serial Console
- Forty (40) signals available on 0.100" through-holes at 1.8V logic
- 5V input
Known Limitations and Defects
Following are not supported:
- NOR support
This SDK doesn't include support services.
- RidgeRun Developer SDK for Gumstix Overo OMAP35x Board provides handful of debug and profile tools, professional Linux development support and a wider range of OMAP35x drivers.
- Contact RidgeRun at email@example.com for information and pricing on Developers SDK for Gumstix Overo OMAP35x Board platforms.