Variscite Devices iMX6 VAR-SOM-MX6 Board
RidgeRun provides support for the VAR-SOM-MX6 Board from Variscite Devices. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from the RidgeRun Evaluation SDK Download Link. To purchase a professional SDK, please use our Online Store or Submit your inquiry at our Contact Us Link.
The VAR-SOM-MX6 is a high performance System-on-Module using the Freescale iMX6Quad core ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It provides an ideal building block that easily integrates rich multimedia features, powerful graphics and video capabilities, as well as high processing power.
Some of the highlights include:
- Freescale iMX6 series SoC Quad ARM Cortex-A9 Core 1.2GHz.
- Up to 16Gb DDR3 RAM.
- 8Gb NAND Flash for storage memory/boot.
- 2 LVDS display interface.
- HDMI V1.4 interface.
- 1 MIPI DSI.
- Tocuh panel interface.
- Parallel & serial camera interface.
- On-board 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet PHY.
- WLAN (802.11 b/g/n) /BT.
- 1 USB 2.0 host, 1 OTG.
- 2 SD/MMC.
- Serial interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, I2S).
- CAN Bus.
- Stereo line-in/out.
- Digital microphone.
- Single 3.3V power supply.
- 67mm x 51mm, 200 pin SO-DIMM Connector.
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot-2009.08 + read your environment from a *.img file in a SD card.
- Linux Kernel 3.0.35-4.0.0.
- Freescale gst-plugins 3.0.7.
- Hardware based audio and video codecs.
- Hardware graphics acceleration
- Hardware floating point support.
- SD and NFS file system support.
- Boot from NAND and SD with an easy installation.
- Start kernel via TFTP option.
- Toolchain based in codesourcery 2009-q1 and linaro (2012.03 for software floating point and 2013.03 for hardware floating point).