Intersil TW6869 Linux driver for Tegra X1
For more information please visit our online store or post your inquiry at our contact us link
Reference: Intersil TW6869 bridge chip
The Intersil TW6869 is an HDMI 1.4 to MIPI CSI-2 1.01 bridge chip capable of handling video data up to 1080P at 60 fps. The Intersil TW6869 is a highly integrated solution that supports multi-channel video and audio capture via PCIe x1 interface for PC DVR system and video analytic application. It contains high quality eight channel NTSC/PAL/SECAM video decoders that convert analog composite video signal to digital component YCbCr data.
* Tested resolution 720x480. Tested format NTFS.
In order to get the source code please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Submit your Inquiry at our Contact Us Link.
The driver was developed for kernel 3.10.67 using NVIDIA kernel source l4t-r23.2.
1. Follow the instructions in Compiling Tegra X1 source code (Downloading the code) to get the kernel source code.
2. Once you have the source code, apply the following two patches if you haven't yet, for fixing kernel errors during compilation.
3. Apply the driver patches:
4. Follow the instructions in Compiling_Tegra_X1_source_code (Build Kernel) for building the kernel, and then flash the image.
Make sure to enable TW6869 driver support
Enable Analog TV support
-> Device Drivers -> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y]) ->Analog TV support (MEDIA_ANALOG_TV_SUPPORT [=y])
Enable TW6869 module
-> Device Drivers -> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y]) -> Media PCI Adapters (MEDIA_PCI_SUPPORT [=y]) -> TW6869 (VIDEO_TW6869 [=m])
Mount the kernel module
sudo modprobe videobuf2-dma-contig sudo modprobe tw6869
v4l2 utils V4L2 Test Application can be used for testing the driver, according to the input video resolution:
v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 --stream-mmap --stream-to=frame.raw --stream-count=1
Also Raw pixels can be used for visualizing the captured frame.
To capture a video use:
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! xvimagesink