Intersil TW6869 Linux driver for Tegra X1
Problems running the pipelines shown on this page?
Reference: Intersil TW6869 bridge chip
The Intersil TW6869 is an HDMI 1.4 to MIPI CSI-2 1.01 bridge chip capable of handling video data up to 1080P at 60 fps. The Intersil TW6869 is a highly integrated solution that supports multi-channel video and audio capture via PCIe x1 interface for PC DVR system and video analytic application. It contains high quality eight channel NTSC/PAL/SECAM video decoders that convert analog composite video signal to digital component YCbCr data.
* Tested resolution 720x480. Tested format NTFS.
The driver was developed for kernel 3.10.67 using NVIDIA kernel source l4t-r23.2.
1. Follow the instructions in Compiling Jetson TX1 source code (Downloading the code) to get the kernel source code.
2. Once you have the source code, apply the following two patches if you haven't yet, for fixing kernel errors during compilation.
3. Apply the driver patches:
4. Follow the instructions in Compiling_Jetson_TX1_source_code (Build Kernel) for building the kernel, and then flash the image.
Make sure to enable TW6869 driver support
Enable Analog TV support
-> Device Drivers -> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y]) ->Analog TV support (MEDIA_ANALOG_TV_SUPPORT [=y])
Enable TW6869 module
-> Device Drivers -> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y]) -> Media PCI Adapters (MEDIA_PCI_SUPPORT [=y]) -> TW6869 (VIDEO_TW6869 [=m])
Mount the kernel module
sudo modprobe videobuf2-dma-contig sudo modprobe tw6869
v4l2 utils V4L2 Test Application can be used for testing the driver, according to the input video resolution:
v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 --stream-mmap --stream-to=frame.raw --stream-count=1
Also Raw pixels can be used for visualizing the captured frame.
To capture a video use:
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! xvimagesink
If you are interested in purchasing the driver, or would like more information please send an email to email@example.com or post your inquiry at our Contact Us link