Spectrum Digital DM8168 EVM
RidgeRun provides support for the DM8168 Evaluation Board from Spectrum Digital. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from the RidgeRun download center. To purchase a professional SDK, please use our online store or contact us.
The DM8168 Evaluation Module (EVM) enables developers to immediately start testing DM816x DaVinci™ MPU and begin building solutions such as surveillance DVRs, video conferencing systems, video broadcasting systems, media servers, single-board computers, gateways, routers, servers, industrial automation, medical devices, human machine interfaces (HMIs), point-of-service data terminals, machine vision, test and measurement, tracking and control applications, amongst others.
The DM8168 EVM support from RidgeRun includes our Linux kernel and file system fully integrated with logic to handle the latest EZSDK and Graphics SDK 4.04.00.02 released by Texas Instruments as well as GStreamer + openMax support -- all these features included in a user friendly development environment which will allow you to focus in the development of your product.
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot-2010.06 supported + env function support to read your environment from a *.txt file in a SD card + functions to handle tarballs from uboot useful during production stages.
- Linux kernel 2.6.37
- EZSDK 5.05.02.00 integrated in a user friendly build system
- GStreamer + OpenMax
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode including RTSP streaming
- MJPEG encoding on M3
- Dual capture
- Writeback driver
- SD, JFFS2, NFS and UBI filesystem support
- Boot from SD card
- BCH8 error correction code in hardware
- Many open source applications available like: QT, net-snmp, GStreamer, Busybox, etc
- Toolchain based on codesourcery 2009q1
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system - Graphics SDK 4.04.00.02
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks
- Ubuntu 15.04
- TVP7002, TVP5147, GS2971 and GS2972 chips
- Integration with systems based on FPGAs