Mistral DM8148 EVM
RidgeRun provides support for the DM8148 Evaluation Board from Mistral. This board is supported either with the Evaluation SDK or with the Professional SDK. You can download the evaluation SDK for the EVM from the RidgeRun Evaluation SDK Download Link. To purchase a professional SDK, please use our online store or our Contact Us Link.
The DM8148 Evaluation Module (EVM) enables developers to immediately start evaluating DM814x DaVinci™ digital media processors and begin building solutions such as surveillance DVRs, video conferencing systems, video broadcasting systems, media servers, single-board computers, gateways, routers, servers, industrial automation, medical devices, human machine interfaces (HMIs), point-of-service data terminals, amongst others.
The DM8148 EVM support from RidgeRun includes our Linux kernel and file system fully integrated with logic to handle version 5.05.02.00 of the EZSDK released by Texas Instruments as well as GStreamer + openMax support -- all these features included in a user friendly development environment which will allow you to focus in the development of your product.
Features Supported by the SDK
- U-boot-2010.06 supported + env function support to read your environment from a *.txt file in a SD card + functions to handle tarballs from uboot useful during production stages.
- Linux kernel 2.6.37
- EZSDK 5.05.02.00 integrated in a user friendly build system:
- Framework components 3.40.01.04
- H264 video decoder 2.00.17.00
- MPEG2 video decoder 01.00.16.01
- Code generation tools for M3 5.1.1
- Syslink 2.21.03.11
- HDVICP API 01.00.00.23
- H264 video encoder 02.00.09.00
- Newest codecs need to be obtained from TI by the customer. RidgeRun has the code to integrate them and create the .xem3 file
- GStreamer 1.6 + OpenMax
- Support H.264@1080p video encode/decode including RTSP streaming
- MJPEG encoding on M3
- Dual capture
- Writeback driver
- SD, JFFS2, NFS and UBI filesystem support
- Boot from SD card
- Many open source applications available like: QT, net-snmp, GStreamer, Busybox, etc
- Toolchain based on codesourcery 2009q1
- Integrated support for the SGX graphics accelerator software in the build system - Graphics SDK 4.04.00.02
- RidgeRun services for integration of graphic acceleration technology with open source software stacks
- Ubuntu 14.04
- TVP7002, TVP5147, GS2971 and GS2972 chips
- Integration with systems based on FPGAs